We work with organizations that want to transform stigma into solutions and people who want to enhance their Mind Health
Step 1: Mind Health Check-in
This assessment is designed to bring attention to the warning lights, establish a baseline to measure success and create a starting point to addressing the unique needs of any organization or person.
Step 2: Members Network
This is designed around supporting your organization efforts to bring Mind Health to the workplace. We have established a baseline of basic services in addition to opportunities for collaboration, access to fore front research and the trainers, speakers and coaches that work for you. Obtaining a membership allows your wellness efforts to benefit from coming together with likeminded partners. Eliminating redundancy, reducing transition stresses, expert guidance all well still being deploy in a method unique to your work culture and circumstances.
Step 3: Train-The-Trainer Program
Mental Health is serious business, which is why A Dose of Happiness is proud to be offering the “Chief Officer of Mind Health & Happiness” Train-The-Trainer program. This one-of-a-kind course is designed to help organizations understand, adapt, adjust and take action. A “Chief Officer of Mind Health & Happiness” will be trained to implement and facilitate an ongoing Mind Health program within the organization. As a result, employees will be educated and supported to achieve and maintain mental wellness on a daily basis. Mind Health training can also result in fewer employee disability claims and less costs to an Employee Assistance Plan. Mental Health challenges often show up in the mind and body years before a person may even show signs or symptoms. The hope for change toward workplace mental health is to get informed, be proactive, and take action every day. Integrating Mind Health into a company’s culture leads to employee wellness, engagement, resiliency, and community.
WHY THE PROGRAM
· 1/5 or 7 million Canadians are currently struggling with mental health issues. Stress, anxiety, and depression are the primary issues.
· Depression has now surpassed heart and cancer as the #1 disability claim.
· 500,000 Canadians call in sick to work every week due to a mental health challenge.
· Over 50 billion dollars is lost in the economy each year due to mental health challenges with a cumulative cost of 2.5 trillion forecasted over the next 30 years.
· Only 23% of Canadian workers are comfortable sharing their psychological health issues with employers.
· Mental health disability claims are responsible for up to 12% of overall Canadian business payroll costs.
· Nearly half the sick days workers take are due to mental illness like depression.
· Mentally healthy and happy employees results in 23% greater energy in the midst of stress, 31% higher productivity, and 37% higher levels of sales,
· A Mind Health & Happiness program nurtures an employee’s well-being and attracts loyalty and retention.
· It’s been documented that a mentally healthy and happy culture will significantly help to increase the bottom-line.
· 53% of millennials say that well-being and happiness in the workplace would make them stay at their job.
· Companies that prioritize employee engagement and mental-well being outperform competitors by 10%.
· Mentally healthy employees can lead to significant cost savings on benefits premiums, short-term disability claims, and sick days.
· Research has shown that there is a $2.30 benefit for every dollar spent on implementing an effective mental well-being plan.
The Chief Officer Of Mind Health & Happiness Training Program is an extensive 28-hour course that will prepare a representative or team to integrate and manage an in-house mental wellness program to upgrade corporate culture and the well-being and engagement of employees. The training aims to take the Trainee and employees from the unconscious incompetence to unconscious competence. The course contains 12 modules designed to cover the entire spectrum of mental wellness and deployment. It should be noted that while the outline of the program does not change, the depth of coverage of each module can be customized to meet the Trainee’s needs and each company’s mandate. The course is limited to1certification and will be completed within a 2 to 4 week period.
Table of Contents
Module 1 – Introduction
Module 2 – Mental Health 411
Module 3 – Mind Health 411
Module 4 – Program Creation
Module 5 – The Story
Module 6 – The Social Script
Module 7 – Resources
Module 8 – Implementation
Module 9 – The Happiness Score
Module 10 – Enhancing and Sustaining a Wellness Program
Module 11 – Measuring & ROI
Module 12 – Workplace Mental Health 911
MODULE 1 – Introduction
2 course hours
· Part 1 - Opening videos
· Part 2 - Spotlight: Practitioners: Who are creating change toward the conversations and outcomes surrounding mental wellness and happiness
· Part 3 - The business of happiness
Summary: The introduction is intended to bring awareness to and validate the business and science behind Mind Health & Happiness.
By the end of this module, candidates will have an understanding of the relevancy of implementing Mind Health within an organization.
MODULE 2 – Mental Health 411
2 course hours
· Part 1 - Did you know Q&A
· Part 2 - The reality
· Part 3 - Hope for change
Summary: In this module we take a look into the reality of the stats surrounding mental health. From the wider scope, we take inventory of the level of awareness the Trainee has toward mental health and enhance that understanding.
By the end of this module, candidates should have a clear understanding of why we should all be paying more attention to mental wellness and why proactive health is the answer for hope and change.
MODULE 3 – Mind Health 411
6 course hours
· Part 1 - Understanding Mind Health and the concept of whole-self
· Part 2 - Create a personal roadmap to wellness
· Part 3 - Mind Health & Happiness “Stop and Go” process
Summary: In this module, we begin the journey of learning about Mind Health and ways to master it. The Trainee will learn about the importance and value of whole-self and the integration of all facets. We will dive into the process of creating a personal roadmap toward wellness. The Trainee will also be taught how to use and implement the Mind Health & Happiness “Stop and Go” process.
By the end of this module, the candidates should have a strong understanding of Mind Health and ways to facilitate and sustain it within an organization.
MODULE 4 – Program Creation
3 course hours
· Part 1 - Workplace assessment
· Part 2 - Meeting the individual needs of the organization
· Part 3 - Possibilities and opportunities
Summary: In this module, we will take a look at ways to implement Mind Health within the organization. We will create a custom program that will meet the specific needs and match the resources of the organization. We will review all possibilities and opportunities of implementing a successful program and ways to sustain it.
By the end of this module, the candidates and the instructor will have a clear understanding of what actions would best suit the needs of the organization. A custom program outline will be completed in this module.
MODULE 5 - The Story
2 course hours
· Part 1 - The why
· Part 2 - The story you want to tell
· Part 3 - The program benefits for both the employees and the employer
Summary: In this module, we pull together everything we’ve learned and will decide how to best present the program in a way that engages and impacts the employees of the organization.
By the end of this module, candidates – along with help from the instructor – will establish ways to present and promote the program within the organization.
MODULE 6 – The Social Script
2 course hours
· Part 1 - Code of conduct
· Part 2 - Language and energy of the program
· Part 3 - Status Quo
Summary: In this module, we set the tone for presenting the program. We roadmap the process and set standards to abide by. We brainstorm ideas, discuss what’s possible and then write the social script.
By the end of this module, candidates will have a clear understanding of ways to motivate, guide, and support employees to participate in the program.
MODULE 7 – Resources
2 course hours
· Part 1 - Building a resource library
· Part 2 – How to upgrade and enhance a resource library over time
· Part 3 - Staying current and relevant
Summary: In this module, we will build a resource library that supports a Mind Health program.
By the end of this module, candidates will build resources that can support the program and meet the needs of the organization.
MODULE 8 – Implementation
2 course hours
· Part 1 - Rolling out the program
· Part 2 - Calendar of events
· Part 3 - Management and sustainability
Summary: In this module, the Trainee will, along with help from the instructor, create a roadmap that sets the program up for success. A calendar of events will be created and a plan of action to manage and sustain the program will be put in place.
By the end of this module, the candidates should feel organized and confident to implement a wellness program.
MODULE 9- The Happiness Score
2 course hours
· Part 1 - The Happiness Score
· Part 2 - Moving people forward
· Part 3 - Creating and measuring a personal roadmap toward wellness
Summary: In this module, the Trainee will learn how to use The Happiness Score to measure employee Mind Health & Happiness and how employees can use their score to upgrade and maintain their wellness.
By the end of this module, the candidates will understand how to use The Happiness Score to create a baseline that measures employee Mind Health & Happiness and ways to upgrade it.
MODULE 10 – Enhancing and Sustaining a Wellness Program
2 course hours
· Part 1 - The Mind Health & Happiness Research Lab
· Part 2 - Support
· Part 3 - Keeping the energy and engagement going
Summary: In this module, the Trainee and instructor will create a plan to enhance and sustain a wellness program. The Trainee will gain exposure to The Mind Health & Happiness Research Lab, which represents a team of experts who constantly report the latest research and science behind Mind Health & Happiness. The team works to deliver current and relevant information that will help people continually maintain and upgrade the health of their mind and achieve happiness. A plan will be put into place that provides clear instruction to enhance and move the program forward.
By the end of this module, the candidates will have a clear understanding as to ways to sustain an on-going program.
MODULE 11 – Measuring & ROI
2 course hours
· Part 1 - ROH (return on happiness)
· Part 2 - Defining ROI
· Part 3 - Employee feedback and The Happiness Score
Summary: In this module, we will learn the importance of measuring the program and ways to adapt, adjust and take action.
By the end of this module, candidates will understand how to measure and scale the program.
MODULE 12 – Workplace Mental Health 911
1 course hour
· Part 1 - Employee Assistance Program
· Part 2 - Psychological Health & Safety Management System
· Part 3 - In case of emergency resources
Summary: In this module, we will review workplace mental health processes within the organization.
By the end of this module, the candidates will have an understanding of mental health care.
Trainees will be evaluated at the end of each module with ample time for questions and review will be given. An overall assessment will be completed at the end of the course by the instructor(s). A “Chief Of Mind Health & Happiness” certification will be issued to the Trainee upon completion of the course.
Karen Judge Mind Health & Happiness Practitioner brings years of research and studies in positive psychology, neuroscience, mental health training, self-development and the reality of life to all she teaches. As the creator of Mind Health, Karen is helping to change the conversations and outcomes surrounding mental health challenges. Karen empowers people to take charge of the health of their mind. Mental Health is serious business and Karen Judge helps organizations understand, adapt, adjust and take action.
Each Trainee who completes the program is invited to join a private Facebook group of fellow alumni & The Mind Health & Happiness Research Lab to collaborate, encourage, and share with one another. This is a place to ask questions, get advice, and stay up-to-date on the latest scientific research around Mind Health & Happiness. It’s a way to enhance and sustain the program.
The course fee is $10,000 CDN + GST (includes delivery of intellectual property, trainer fee, custom created wellness program and follow-up session) Government of Alberta grant programs available. Please note that this training is only available to a representative of an organization and not open to other coaches or trainers.